Whether you go on an exchange for three months or a whole year, it will be an incredible experience that will change you forever. You will discover new sides of yourself and gather amazing experiences that will be part of you for the rest of your life. To make your exchange year the best it can be, we want to share some tips along the way.
- Have an open mind and be curious about different perspectives. There are so many ways to look at things and you will learn so much by being open to new ideas and cultures.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. You won't know anything if you don't dare to ask. Explore, learn and be curious about everything the new country has to offer.
- Make your host family your second family. Try to feel at home and become part of the family. Often the host family becomes the most important part of your exchange and many exchange students go back to visit and continue the relationship after the exchange.
- Put the phone and computer away sometimes It is easy to get stuck to the screen, but give yourself the opportunity to participate in different activities with your new friends. Explore the surroundings, take part in the culture and create memories that cannot be found on a screen.
- Have fun and enjoy every moment. An exchange year is a unique time in your life, so make sure you enjoy it to the fullest. Make memories, try new things and laugh a lot. It's an experience that will affect you forever.
Do you want more tips for a successful exchange year? Read more about how to make the most of your exchange year and create lifelong memories.